In the hamlet Patrignone, outside Montalto, it is the Romanesque-Gothic church of Santa Maria in Viminatu, characterized by the presence of interesting cycle of Renaissance frescoes. The “Nativity” and “The Adoration of the Magi” painted on the left wall of the interior, are probably the work of Fra ‘Angels Marino (1459), and is usually attributed to Vincenzo Pagani or one of his pupils the beautiful Lady of Mercy of the XVI century. On the left, in a glass case it is preserved a Pity terracotta of the fourteenth century. Equally valuable, the tabernacle in gilded wood engraver work Desire Borders and the altarpiece painted by Francesco lambs Patrignone depicting “Our Lady of the Holy Rosary”.
Altri monumenti a Montalto Marche