The 22nd august 1449 pope Nicolò V allowed the construction of the Franciscan convent and the church of St. Maria delle Grazie (St. Mary merciful) 1,5km distant from Monteprandone. In the church there are two chapels: one dedicated to St. Mary with an original tuscan terracotta of the Virgin dated XV century. The other chapel is dedicated to St. Giacomo with the coffin within his mortal remains. Of interest is the cloister with its stone well and the 25 paintings which illustrate episodes of the saints’ life of Emidio Tegli (1848). There’s also the museum of St. Giacomo. According to tradition children are confided in the saint’s protection. During his life Giacomo performed miracles, many of them saved children.
Altri monumenti a Monteprandone