The Church of St. Mary Assunta was founded in 1792 on the site of the ancient church of St. Mary of Farfa, pictorially decorated in 1937 by Dante De Carolis, brother of the more famous Adolfo, preserves (in addition to the precious relic of the Holy Cross, donated the local Franciscan monastery by Pope Nicholas IV in 1289) canvas paintings of considerable interest: a) Our Lady of the Rosary, oil on canvas (m. 3,13 x 2) Art marattesca seventeenth century. The Madonna is seated on a throne, with the Child offering crowns to St. Dominic and St. Teresa, while two holy martyrs assist from the back and four heads of cherubs appear at the top; b) Assumption (altar), oil on canvas (m. 3.45 x 1.95) by Nicola Monti from Ascoli (completed in 1795.) Top depicts the Virgin in the air while a cherub spreads roses on the Apostles arranged around a sarcophagus in the foreground; c) St. George who saves a girl killing the dragon, by the same mountains, dated from 1794. In the annexes to the sacristy, it also preserves a precious inlaid cabinet, dated between the late sixteenth and the beginnings of the seventeenth century.
Altri monumenti a Cossignano