Located in the hills surrounding the valley of the Tronto and originally inhabited by populations Piceno, Castorano was conquered by the Romans between 296 and 297 BC, becoming, thus, one of the stationes Salt Road that supposedly came up to Portum Truentum, the ‘now Porto d’Ascoli. After the fall of the Roman Empire and the severe economic and political crises that followed, Castorano passed first under the control of the Lombards and the Duchy of Spoleto, and then below that of the County which was formed in the Carolingian Age. In 1283, with a bill of sale, a Raynaldus de Montis Sancti Paoli it stated that the sale in Ascoli, in 1183, became a free commune. By now, the story of Castorano closely interwoven with that of the State Ascolano. Past, ‘500, under papal rule, it suffered, as a result, the fate and oppressive methods of government until the unification of Italy. Castorano Grade II listed castle was put to guard the Fertile Vallato of Trento and especially with the task of controlling Offida, an ally of Fermo. In the fifteenth century his defensive role of the state line Ascoli becomes less relevant. In the book of municipal statutes of 1612, preserved in the City, it is seen on the cover of the stylized picture of the castle. The drawing shows a realistic situation: in fact, the polygonal tower, the work of the fifteenth century at the top, it was rebuilt and adapt it or belfry for the nearby church of St. Mary of the Visitation, its foundation dates back to a time much old.